Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Tickle me Tuesday



It's Tuesday and time for a little fun.

So I was lucky getting one of the books I wanted to get. It is called The moment it clicks by Joe McNally.

ohh and should you be tempted to buy the book (which I can only recommend) get it at Amazon and save $20...

In the section I was reading last night he had a pretty darn good quote.
"Face it we are emotional people. When we get the photo we are like six years old running up to the teacher with a look what I did, look what I did".

And reading this just after I created a good print and running up to Jacki telling her how great it looked.... well 'nuff said on that one ;-)

Reading a lot of books and magazines on photography there are always some that have the opinion that everything can be fixed in photoshop.
Sometimes however... it doesn't really turn out the way it should... Take Sears as an example(look at her left hand):



Just for the record. I didn't change the above. Check out the Sears web page to see the original.

Have a great Tuesday and have fun with the other Tickle me Tuesdays...

4 comments:

United Studies said...

Ummm....I can't believe someone in the editing room didn't catch that. It's quite obvious.

Cat said...

Here's some info on the little one...

http://www.folly-farm.co.uk/content/published/newsdetail.aspx?pid=0&id=115

Tricia said...

That's funny, even more so because I work in marketing and I know what a cram it is when something goes to print and THEN you see the obvious mistakes.

Pdyrholm said...

I know working in a marketing department can be hectic at times. but uploading to a webpage takes little time and well sometimes it's a good thing to go through photo edits before publishing ;-)
but well... It makes it a little fun finding stuff here and there :-)