Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Food saver

Remember this article: Food saver from Jacki's blog?.

As you all know this will seal up just about anything for freezing and the food will last much longer. It's pretty cool ;-) (yeah you know it...)

Guess what happens if you were to vacuum seal something that isn't as dense as meat. Like hmm.... let's see how about cupcakes?

Here is a side by side example. Regular cup cakes and cup cakes ready for freezing







After liberating the cup cakes.. it's not tooo bad :-) somehow I don't recall seeing this particular look on Martha Stewart ;-)


5 comments:

United Studies said...

Just remember....payback is a bitch.

Anonymous said...

You know, I'm glad I saw this because I'm STILL waiting for my Food Saver (very long story) and I was certainly planning to use it with muffins. There is a "liquid" setting though, I wonder if that would work?

Ronnica said...

Funny stuff. I don't think it would have occurred to me, either...

Anonymous said...

I love it!!!! And I thought she was brilliant! :) Don't tell her I said that. hehehe BTW- this one gave me a belly laugh. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

a more advanced model of foodsaver (Vac 2460) has a crush-free feature. it has button you can press to 'seal' the pack whenever you want it sealed so this prevents soft items to be crushed, the pack is sealed at the right time. it works really well.